Friday, May 21, 2010

Did Somebody Say Rainbow Cupcakes???

How does one accomplish such a foreboding task? Well, it's not easy...

First you make white cake mix in a BIG bowl. (Follow their instructions, not mine. And make sure you get a thin batter, preferably one without pudding mix inside, because it's a real pain in the neck to pour-- it gets to be more like scraping, eventually. I learned that the hard way...)



Then you divide (and conquer) the batter into six bowls, then add some color. (Three to four drops of liquid food coloring really worked well for me, for purple and orange I added about three drops of each sub-pigment to achieve the vibrancy featured below.)



Okay, here's the hard part-- you have to put like a tiny scoop (maybe less than half a teaspoon) into each cupcake cup... it will eventually (after twenty to twenty five minutes) look like this D:



The rest is easy peasy, just Bake*Frost*Serve*!




Yup... this is how I spend my evenings. I'm a Wilde thing. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment